Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Conveniently "Abused" for a Stiffer Price Tag

The posts from these people, and the points about "furkids" at the end of
these posts show just how fundy animal activism is and how much it has taken
over the mainstream pet and animal owning population. Sadly, girls, you are
all too right, and people are getting needlessly hurt because of these
zealots who view animals as little four-legged children in fur and feathered
coats.

----- Original Message -----
From: Chrissy
To: dog_anti-rescue_anti-peta_new@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 10:19 PM
Subject: [dog_anti-rescue_anti-peta_new] The American language towards
animals

Cleaning up mail and found this, its pretty old but I think its relevant

Chrissy

You go to any website that is trying to place animals... they will say most
of them are abused.... I don't see it, the dogs are usually in pretty good
shape.

We have to think of what abuse is...

Is it not letting the dog in the house to ruin your carpet abuse? Some would
say so.
Is feeding your dog this brand of dog food abuse? Some would Say so..
Do you walk your dog everyday? Well You should because you are neglecting
them.
Is your dog confined with a chain or tie out cable? Well You had better
watch it that is abuse.

But it isn't only dogs..

Do you keep chickens? Well you know you are depriving them of a wonderful
free life where they are not protected from predators.
Do you have cattle? we all know MEAT=MURDER so you are abusing that calf by
giving it a wholesome diet.
Do you have horses that you ride? Horses are majestic animals, and should
not be rode, they should be out on the open prairies where they can run
free...

Abuse is a word that is OVER used.
Lets see I abuse my car, I don't change the oil as often as I should I had
better watch it I will have the ALF after me (auto liberation foundation)
I also abuse my television

----- Original Message -----
From: Kathryn

The media has really helped our society embrace the entire AR mindset.
NOW I'd like to see them be as " in our face" with all the stories of our
native terrorists.
We need to really use the new language in all our yahoo groups to turn the
tables back on them.
I ask someone if they've " rehomed" the dog they are calling a rescue. I
call everyone on the abused
tag they seem to hang on every rehomed dog out there. I ask if they can
PROVE that the dog was abused, or were they just told that by the person
making the sale.???
I get sooo sick of hearing about all the abuse going on. ( I should call it
convenient abuse that comes with a larger price tag)
I'm aware that some people DO abuse dogs....but geeezzzzeeee..........there
are thousands and thousands of dogs all over the country being rehomed and
they ALL seem to have been abused.
.

__._,_.___
Furkids? Isn't that calling yourself the mother of a dog? Wouldn't that be
calling yourself a bitch? What does that make your
sons?-------------------"Shelters" importing dogs is like the fireman who
sets fires so he can be a hero when he puts them out.

No comments: