Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Well Said!

From a Snopes message board, here's a great response to that awful canned
friendship chain email I received yesterday.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002384;p=1

Friendship glurge
jw
posted 26 November, 2006 07:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An acquaintance of mine has started forwarding this type of glurge rubbish to me
recently. The excessive capitalisation rounds it off.

Hello There Nice Person
Did Anyone Ever Tell You,
Just How Special You Are
The Light that You Emit
Might even Light a Star

*rest of awful sappy phony friendship chain email snipped out*

How do I politely get them to stop?
I'm sure many of you have dealt with this before, so I would appreciate your
input.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ariadne

posted 26 November, 2006 07:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello There Person I Barely Know,
Did Anyone Ever Tell You
Just How Annoying it can be
To Get this Crap you Send
To Poor Old Busy Me?
I Have Better Things to Do
Than Read your Silly Junk.
It Does Not Make Me Happy,
It Puts me In a Funk.
I already Know I'm Special;
I Don't Need Your Awful Rhyme
Or Your other Email Glurge
To waste My Precious Time.
For you See I am Too Busy
Spending Time With Those I Know
To Send this Tripe Back to You
And Help Raise Your Ego.
Because the Test of Friendship
Is Not Based on what one Sends
But Rather it is the Delete Key
For Non-Forwarders are Friends.

If you care, delete this message!
Friends do not let friends clog up inboxes!
YOU MUST DELETE THIS IMMEDIATELY!!
OR RISK LOSING AT LEAST 4 FRIENDS!

No comments: